[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "ALFREDO GONZALEZ" <got2go at msn dot com>
 To:  cbuechler at gmail dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WRAP (3eth) - M0N0 1.1 -> Unstable - Random freeze/lockup
 Date:  Mon, 01 Nov 2004 00:12:11 +0000
>From: Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
>To: Got2Go <got2go at msn dot com>
>CC: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
>Subject: Re: [m0n0wall] WRAP (3eth) - M0N0 1.1 -> Unstable - Random
>freeze/lockup
>Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 21:35:23 -0400
>
>On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:14:52 -0700, Got2Go <got2go at msn dot com> wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > I have a new WRAP board with a 64MB CF card, running M0n0 1.1 (tried the
> > beta 2 as well).
> > It seems to run fine, except sometimes it will freeze/crash without an
> > apparent reason or trigger.
> >
> > When it freezes, the serial console will show nothing, and it will not
> > respond to anything.
> > On the network side, the links are still up, lights on/flashing, but no
> > traffic goes through, and no ping can be made to the interfaces on the
>WRAP.
> > No access through serial or HTTP/HTTPS to the box.
> >
> > Only a power cycle will restore it to working order.
> >

>Not sure on the WRAP, but Soekris boxes seem to have issues exactly
>like that if they aren't getting sufficient power.  I know you said
>you tried two different ones, but make sure they have sufficient
>output.  Otherwise maybe your board is bad?  Sounds like a hardware
>issue.
>
>-Chris.

Hello,
I think I may have more details on this:

The mono box did not freeze overnight without traffic shaper enabled, and
only WAN link connected (PC off on bridge/opt1).

Then I enabled traffic shaping, and left it overnight again (only WAN link
on), and this morning it had crashed again.

So, I think it has to do with traffic shaping on, and only WAN link on, on a
bridged config (WAN-OPT1), after a while, it seems to srash.

I dont think it has ever happened while both the OPT1 and WAN links are
active.

I'll keep testing.

Got2Go