[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Pleading for setup help!!!
 Date:  Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:22:17 -0500
On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 23:06:59 +0100, Andreas van Wingerden
<andreas dot vanwingerden at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Here's my 2 cts
>
> WAN IP 192.168.0.254/255.255.255.0 (or anything else you'd like to do
> in the 192.168.0.x range, with gateway 192.168.0.1 (the ip adres of
> the linksys cable modem) For LAN I think you could choose
> 192.168.1.x/24. Ip adress of the clients
> should be in the same range with DGW the IP adress of the LAN
> interface. Without applying any rules in the firewall you should be
> able to ping the IP adress of all ports on the WRAP/m0n0wall box. The
> only rule I have which might aply is: *  LAN net  *  *  *  Default LAN
> -> any

It sounds like you've messed with the config quite a bit, so what I'd
recommend is to go to Diagnostics -> Factory defaults, and resetting
to defaults.  Then use the WAN IP and gateway suggested above, and the
default LAN subnet (192.168.1.0/24) as suggested above.  Then follow
the Quick Start Guide from Chapter 4 on.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/quickstart/initial-configuration.html

Remember to uncheck "Block private networks" on the WAN configuration
page when doing your WAN interface configuration.  Figure out your
ISP's DNS servers by checking what its DHCP server is assigning to
your Linksys for DNS servers, and enter those on the General
page.

-Chris