[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "ALFREDO GONZALEZ" <got2go at msn dot com>
 To:  cbuechler at gmail dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WRAP (3eth) - M0N0 1.1 -> Unstable - Random freeze/lockup
 Date:  Mon, 01 Nov 2004 10:54:36 +0000

>Hello,
>I think I may have more details on this:
>
>The mono box did not freeze overnight without traffic shaper enabled, and
>only WAN link connected (PC off on bridge/opt1).
>
>Then I enabled traffic shaping, and left it overnight again (only WAN link
>on), and this morning it had crashed again.
>
>So, I think it has to do with traffic shaping on, and only WAN link on, on
>a bridged config (WAN-OPT1), after a while, it seems to srash.
>
>I dont think it has ever happened while both the OPT1 and WAN links are
>active.
>
>I'll keep testing.

Hello,
Ok, for  the first time, it crashed while I was actually browsing the
internet through it.

Below is a copy/paste from the terminal console when it happened.
Keep in mind that this time it rebooted on its own and went back to working
state.
Before, it would just be dead and I would have to power cycle it.
So, this might/might not be related.

Begin paste:
*************************
6) Ping host

Enter a number:

Fatal trap 9: general protection fault while in kernel mode
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc0235d82
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xc02859f8
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xc02859f8
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = Idle
interrupt mask          = none
trap number             = 9
panic: general protection fault

syncing disks...

fault virtual address   = 0x10
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc020d026
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xc0285690
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xc02856e8
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = Idle
interrupt mask          = none
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault
Uptime: 1h0m52s
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort
Rebooting...
PC Engines WRAP.1C v1.0
End paste

Any ideas?