[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Matt Juszczak" <matt at atopia dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  MySQL backend control
 Date:  Tue, 2 Nov 2004 00:06:04 -0500 (EST)
I'd like to switch my m0n0 to use a remote MySQL backend for certain things, including:

* Storing of successful/unsuccesful login attempts
* Current state table of authenticated captive portal users
* Current banned users who are not allowed to authenticate

Here's the reason.... we're going to be using m0n0wall in production of 2500 people, 24/7.  If we
have to reboot, all 2500 people will have to reauthenticate (which stinks).  I'm hoping that a
reboot can "Save" the state table somehow and then reload it when m0n0 reboots so that those who
were authenticated previously will remain authenticated....

Any ideas?  Suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt