[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jan Walzer <j dot walzer at itcampus dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OpenVPN Issues...
 Date:  Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:53:40 +0100
Vincent Fleuranceau wrote:
> [...]

OK, got it running now...

> > How is the configuration propagated
> > to ovpn. By commandline or by configfile?
>
> Like for all daemons in m0n0wall, the configuration is generated on
the
> fly. For OpenVPN, it's in /etc/openvpn.inc (line 125):
>
> mwexec("/usr/local/sbin/openvpn " . ovpn_srv_config_generate());
> Take a look at the code: it's easy to read and you can learn a lot!

So its CLI. is there a way, to read/output the Parameterstring?

> > How can I (re-)start ovpn?
>
> Just go to the OpenVPN Serve page and press the SAVE button without
> modifying anything.

Ah ... good to know, but not very intuitivly

I solved the problem, of an ever-dying ovpn process.
The Problem was the following:
As I want to use tap-Interface, I gave the IP 192.168.249.254/23
in the OPVN-Interface. ovpn didn't like this... I gave it 192.168.248.0

But how do I give the IP now for this Interface on the serverside?
The tap-Interface doesn't show up on the devicelist in the menu.

(I just tried, a quick hack, by deducing the index-Value of
interfaces_opt.php page, and was able to set it... I'll see,
it that survives an reboot. But one of this should be a bug)

(Update: The settings survive the reboot, but the TAP is brought
up abter an reboot with the 1st IP from the subnet )-:

Jan

--
itCampus Software und Systemhaus GmbH
Leipzig Halle Wittenberg