[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?'=22Ram=EDrez_Herrera=2C_Jorge=22'?= <jorge dot ramirez at tecsidel dot es>
 Cc:  "'M0n0wall-Help \(E-mail\)'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Multiple vpn connections Please
 Date:  Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:19:31 -0500
AFAIK, *ANY* NAT will break MS PPTP, when two or more users behind the
same NAT try to connect to the same server. This is a problem with the
PPTP server end. I think L2TP (introduced with Windows 2000) was
supposed to fix this, I have not tried it. I moved most of my clients
to IPSEC before L2TP was introduced. IPSEC should not be affected by
NAT.

Why not stick with what works? If the Watchguard works use it...

James W. McKeand