[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Gibson <agibson at ptm dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Anyone try an axiomtek.com NA-0041 with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:53:47 -0500
Chris Buechler wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 11:39:04 -0500, Adam Gibson <agibson at ptm dot com> wrote:
>
>>These will mainly be used for home firewall systems so they will not
>>have that much traffic going through them.
>>I was quoted $264 for the 128 meg version.
>
> Seems pricey for your needs (unless you aren't talking USD like I'm
> assuming).  A WRAP at less than $200 USD would suit you just as well.
>
> -Chris

That price was in USD.  Thanks for the info about the WRAP.  I noticed
that ituner.com has the 3 nic WRAP for $146 but I assume I would still
need to purchase a 233 or 266 MHz Geode CPU?, a case, and a power supply
from somewhere else.  The nice thing about the axiomtek device is that
everything needed is sold by them and they run a 400mhz CPU.  Trying to
find a single place in the US that has the WRAP and all parts needed for
under $200 seems to be difficult.  If I could find a place to get a 3
nic WRAP with CPU, case, and power supply for under $200 though I would
want to evaluate going that route.  Saving $65 per device would be worth
looking into to.