[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Nick Lidakis <nlidakis at verizon dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Enemy Territory game server behind monowall, NAT & Firewall Rule.
 Date:  Tue, 02 Nov 2004 16:09:27 -0500
I have really tried reading all the docs available on line as well as
searching through all of the mailing list archives using the search
function. If anyone can point out what I am doing wrong, I would really
appreciate it.

Simply, I am trying to run an Enemy Territory dedicated server (on a
debian box) behind monowall. I need to have port 27960 open so that
friends on the Internet can join.
 From what I understand so far, I need to use the NAT inbound rule to
accomplish this, so I did this:

Click on NAT, then Inbound
click plus for new rule
external port range is set to 27960
NAT IP is set to the debian box, 192.168.1.10
local port 27960
interface is WAN
external address=interface address
and click the box to set the firewall rule
protocol is set to tcp (though i did try tcp/udp and udp with no luck)

click save, then apply changes.

firewall rule options:
Action=pass
Interface=WAN
Protocol=TCP
Source=any
Source port range=any and any
Destination: TypeSingle host or alias
                       Address=192.168.1.10
Fragments and Logs= unchecked

I have used NAT inbound to setup a rule for gtk-gnutella, and that works
just fine, the setting almost identical as the server rule I'm trying to
get working.

When the server is started, it show up on the local lan, and I am able
to join and play without any problems. The server is not seen on the
 Internet, and several people have tried connecting vi ip address and
were unable to do so.

Any comments would be appreciated.