[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "C. Falconer" <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>
 To:  'Adam Gibson' <agibson at ptm dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Anyone try an axiomtek.com NA-0041 with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Wed, 03 Nov 2004 09:21:49 +1300
Hi Adam - the main problem with the realtek chipset under m0n0 (and *BSD I
guess) is that there are so many implementations of the chipset.

If the chipset is poorly implemented, the windows drivers seem to just deal
with it better.  The BSD drivers seem to be less forgiving.

The only real answer is "suck it and see" and make sure you report back to
the list so the rest of us know :)  Make sure the supplier knows what you're
doing so that if it doesn't work you can return for a refund.

Having four NICs would be an advantage over the two and three port wraps and
soekris boards.