[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jason Brunk" <jbrunk at wthosting dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Transparent proxy with 3rd party machine ?
 Date:  Wed, 3 Nov 2004 10:22:17 -0500
I did this, not with m0n0wall, but with squid-cache.  I have an openbsd box
that runs pf.  It is a transparent firewall and I just put a packet redirect
in to redirect to the squid proxy.  If m0n0wall can redirect packets when in
transparent bridge, then you can setup a number of rules

1.  redirect the packets from your lan machines to a cache-proxy
2.  do not redirect packets if they are coming from the proxy (otherwise you
get a nasty loop and kills the network)

And you are all set, so you don't even need to run the cache server on
m0n0wall, you just need to be able to redirect the packets.

jason