[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  alex wetmore <alex at phred dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  debugging m0n0wall on wrap hangs
 Date:  Wed, 3 Nov 2004 08:12:07 -0800 (PST)
My m0n0wall box, which is based on a WRAP 1d-2, has hung three times
in the past few days (the first hang was on Saturday).  I've been
using this board for about 4 months and have had no other issues.

How can I debug what is causing this?  I have syslog errors going to
another machine, but don't see anything unusual at the time of the
hang.  I haven't tried connecting anything to the serial port, will I
find additional logging information there?

I'm running build 1.1 (and have been since early Sept).  Here is my
System Info screen:
Name m0n0wall.local
Version 1.1
built on Sun Aug 22 11:41:15 CEST 2004
Platform wrap
Uptime 00:08

The system is being used to NAT two small networks (one private, one
public) to a DSL line.  I'm using 1:1 NAT to route the 4 public IP
addresses to the public network.

alex