[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  Peter Parnican <peter at procad dot sk>
 Cc:  "Phillip S. Main" <Phillip dot Main at mainsonline dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: LAN bandwidth - shaping
 Date:  Wed, 03 Nov 2004 12:51:55 -0700
Peter Parnican wrote:

>From your experiences:  if you have conected 802.11b client to this AP and
>802.11g what is behaviour of AP. I hope AP using for g clintrs speed 54Mb
>and for b 11Mbp... or use only the speed of the slowest client? (if there is
>nitro technology then it should be OK also for diferent client)

With most access points, A/B will share the same speed (A single B user
will slow down all A users), but -G is 5.8GHz instead of 2.4GHz and as a
result it doesn't really share anything with -B users, so you should be
able to have different speeds simultaneously.

--
Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill?