[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ian Chilton <ian at ichilton dot co dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  A Few Questions
 Date:  Wed, 3 Nov 2004 21:45:57 +0000
Hi,

I've just moved from a linux gateway to a m0n0wall box and I have
got a few questions I wondered if someone could help me with:

1) Is it possible to get the dynamic dns client to update multiple
dyndns.org hostnames? - my linux client could do this by just
comma-separating them but this doesn't seem to be allowed by m0n0wall.
Also, will dyndns get updated whenever the ip on the wan interface
changes?

2) Is it possible to use the web interface on both http and https?

3) Is it possible to get the m0n0wall web interface to be accessible on
a high port from the wan but the normal port 80 on the lan (port 80 on
the wan is already forwarded to another box)? (i've achieved this with
an inbound nat rule from the wan ip and high port to 127.0.0.1 and port
80 but I wondered if there was a better way).

4) Is it possible to get serial console on the pc version? - I had to
take the video card out to fit all my network cards in so if the web
interface wasn't working for any reason I would not be able to change
the ip or reboot it.

Thanks!

--ian