[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaping for VoIP
 Date:  Wed, 3 Nov 2004 17:32:34 -0500
I tried for a while, it did not seem to affect my call quality in any
way, so I ended up turning it off. I use Vonage with a Cisco ATA 186.

I created one Pipe:
192 Kbit/s (~75% of reported upstream bandwidth -  Labeled: "UpStream
Bandwidth")

I created two Queues:
one with a weight of 2 (Labeled: "High Priority UpStream")
one with a weight of 1 (Labeled: "Low Priority UpStream")

I created two Rules:
Target:  Queue 1 (High Priority UpStream)
Interface:  WAN
Protocol:  any
Source:  <IP of ATA>
Source port range  from:  any
Destination:  any
Destination port range  from:    any
Direction:  out
{all other settings are default}

Target:  Queue 1 (Low Priority UpStream)
Interface:  WAN
Protocol:  any
Source:  NOT <IP of ATA>
Source port range  from:  any
Destination:  any
Destination port range  from:    any
Direction:  out
{all other settings are default}

Hope this helps - I am doing something wrong someone let me know...

James W. McKeand