[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thomas_Kolst=F8?= <thomas at kolsto dot no>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Transparent proxy with 3rd party machine ?
 Date:  Thu, 4 Nov 2004 00:28:29 +0100
On Nov 3, 2004, at 2:27 PM, Xavier Beaudouin wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I am looking for a solution to add a squid (on a external machine) and
> force local users to use proxy.
>
> Idealy a transparent proxy solution is what I want to do...
>
> How can I do that with m0n0 ?
>
> /Xavier
> --
> Xavier Beaudouin - Unix System Administrator & Projects Leader.
> President of Kazar Organization : http://www.kazar.net/
> Please visit http://caudium.net/, home of Caudium & Camas projects

I'm doing transparent webproxying using m0n0's NAT->Inbound rules and a
seperate proxy server(Squid 2.5.STABLE7 on FreeBSD4.10).
The proxy have to be on a different interface than the LAN for it to
work, and have unrestricted internet access.

Just add a rule(NAT->Inbound) on your LAN interface port 80 to <your
proxy ip> <your proxy port>

Hope this helps..