[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bryan Kohlstedt <kohlstedt at gmail dot com>
 To:  Mat Murdock <mmurdock underscore lists at kimballequipment dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Anyone try an axiomtek.com NA-0041 with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Wed, 3 Nov 2004 20:22:23 -0600
I have looked into that one. If I remember right, the version that had
Intel nics instead of the realtek which I'd like to stay away from was
fairly expensive. Anyone know prices on that one? It was a few months
ago that I looked into it.

That is the right idea of what I'm looking for though.

Bryan

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 12:36:15 -0700, Mat Murdock
<mmurdock underscore lists at kimballequipment dot com> wrote:
> Bryan Kohlstedt wrote:
>

> How big of a concern do you guys think it is that the WRAP and several
other
> boards along this line only have 64mb of RAM? I'm guessing for
most
> applications it would be fine but how limiting would it be for
future
> applications.

On a seperate note, I'm still looking for a good 1u
> rackmount
solution. So far, this is the best I've
> found:
http://www.acrosser.com/firewall/product/9926.htm

By best I mean
> good price/performance ratio. I really like the 1041
from nexcom but it's a
> little too expensive. Nice specs
> though.
http://www.nexcom.com/0330/nexweb/weben/ObjView.aspx?ObjID=Prod*10000280

Thanks.

On
> Tue, 2 Nov 2004 16:00:51 -0500, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:53:47 -0500, Adam Gibson <agibson at ptm dot com> wrote:

> That price was in USD. Thanks for the info about the WRAP. I noticed
that
> ituner.com has the 3 nic WRAP for $146 but I assume I would still
need to
> purchase a 233 or 266 MHz Geode CPU?
 No, the CPU is non-removable,
> permanently on the board, and
(obviously) included.

> a case, and a power supply
from somewhere else.
 That is true.

However you
> can get them all in one place in the US. wisp-router.com
has all of them,
> and a total of $174 for board, case, and power
supply, and has almost 200 in
> stock right
> now.
http://www.wisp-router.com/product_info.php?products_id=269

-Chris

For additional
> commands, e-mail: m0n0wall dash help at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

For additional
> commands, e-mail: m0n0wall dash help at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Have you looked at this:

http://www.synertrontech.com/proddetail.asp-productno=1U-860A&categoryname=Server+System+Solution.htm