[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Gianfranco Risaliti <gianfranco dot risaliti at yogitech dot com>
 To:  "Andrew \"Silver Blade\" Greenwood" <lists at silverblade dot co dot uk>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] LCD displays for a m0n0wall box
 Date:  Thu, 04 Nov 2004 10:31:51 +0100
In previous email, I don't remember how many time ago I wrote that, I would
put a display and small keyboard connected to m0n0wall rs232 serial port.

I have played for a while with a LCD vt100 terminal built with a pic and
HD44780 display, also a micro keyboard. I wrote a small daemon which read
input from keyboard an issues some command to m0n0wall, the feature was very
simple: configuration of lan and wan interface; another feature was
bandwidth meeter, a kind of hash bard which give information about band
utilization on real time.

I stop to work out this because I have no time ... Too busy with my work.
dead

Link below sow a serial term built with a pic

http://jap.hu/electronic/lcdif.html

I would pleased to develop something and propose my ideas ... :>

By Gian

On 4-11-2004 1:11, "Andrew "Silver Blade" Greenwood"
<lists at silverblade dot co dot uk> wrote:

> Further to my previous message regarding custom hacks for m0n0wall to
> provide information, I found this on eBay:
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16145&item=5134669215
> &rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
>
> I'm toying with the idea of getting one and one of those Compaq SFF
> systems to use m0n0wall with.
>
> Question is, what sort of information could be displayed that is useful?

Gianfranco Risaliti
YogiTech Spa
System Administrator

via Lenin, 132P
56017 S. Martino Ulmiano [Pisa] - Italy
Phone +39.050.86351 - Fax +39.050.861870
www.yogitech.com <http://www.yogitech.com>
gianfranco dot risaliti at yogitech dot com

--

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information
intended only for the addressee. If you are not the addressee or

--
This message was scanned for spam and viruses by BitDefender
For more information please visit http://linux.bitdefender.com/