[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tom Van den Bon <tvdbon at sce dot co dot za>
 To:  Gianfranco Risaliti <gianfranco dot risaliti at yogitech dot com>
 Cc:  "Andrew \"Silver Blade\" Greenwood" <lists at silverblade dot co dot uk>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] LCD displays for a m0n0wall box
 Date:  Thu, 04 Nov 2004 15:08:04 +0200
Hi All,

I've only recently subscribed to this mailing list, after discovering
m0n0wall (I love it, btw). I'm also building up a small custom firewall
using a small factor board and a compact flash. I'm still designing the
case and I would love to add my 20x2 blue LCD display on it to show
stuff like booting, uptime, whatever. It also uses the HD44780 but it
connects via the parallel port. I just basically wanted to say that I
would also be very interested in this functionality added to m0n0wall.

Thanks,
Tom

Gianfranco Risaliti wrote:

>In previous email, I don't remember how many time ago I wrote that, I would
>put a display and small keyboard connected to m0n0wall rs232 serial port.
>
>I have played for a while with a LCD vt100 terminal built with a pic and
>HD44780 display, also a micro keyboard. I wrote a small daemon which read
>input from keyboard an issues some command to m0n0wall, the feature was very
>simple: configuration of lan and wan interface; another feature was
>bandwidth meeter, a kind of hash bard which give information about band
>utilization on real time.
>
>I stop to work out this because I have no time ... Too busy with my work.
>dead
>
>Link below sow a serial term built with a pic
>
>http://jap.hu/electronic/lcdif.html
>
>I would pleased to develop something and propose my ideas ... :>
>
>By Gian
>

>On 4-11-2004 1:11, "Andrew "Silver Blade" Greenwood"
><lists at silverblade dot co dot uk> wrote:
>

>>Further to my previous message regarding custom hacks for m0n0wall to
>>provide information, I found this on eBay:
>>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16145&item=5134669215
>>&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
>>
>>I'm toying with the idea of getting one and one of those Compaq SFF
>>systems to use m0n0wall with.
>>
>>Question is, what sort of information could be displayed that is useful?

Tom Van den Bon : Systems Developer @ SCE

Website : http://www.sce.co.za

"3 Days without programming and life becomes meaningless"