[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Bryan Kohlstedt <kohlstedt at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Anyone try an axiomtek.com NA-0041 with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:52:18 -0500
On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:25:35 -0600, Bryan Kohlstedt <kohlstedt at gmail dot com> wrote:
> How big of a concern do you guys think it is that the WRAP and several
> other boards along this line only have 64mb of RAM? I'm guessing for
> most applications it would be fine but how limiting would it be for
> future applications.

This is home users, so I really don't see where that would come into
play in the lifetime of the hardware even if that lifetime is very
long.

I use virtually every single feature on one of my Soekris 4501's, with
4 IPsec tunnels, and never see more than 40-45% memory in use.

Considering your requirements sound like they're going to be very
minimal, I wouldn't worry a bit about having just 64 MB.  There are a
ton of those boards out there, so I certainly don't imagine m0n0wall
requiring more than 64 MB and hence obsoleting those boards in the
next few years.

-Chris