[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fig <figmail at comcast dot net>
 To:  'm0n0wall list' <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Kernel Panic in PC Image
 Date:  Thu, 04 Nov 2004 11:11:35 -0500
Hello listers:

I'm trying to install the PC image onto a K6-II 500 with 96MB of PC100
RAM and a 170MB hard drive. The board is a Chaintech CT-5SSV with
integrated video and sound (not like that matters for M0n0wall).

I was able to get the image on the drive, but when I try to boot the
system I get a kernel panic and it reboots itself in an endless loop.

My question is: do I need to install drivers for the specific hardware
I'm using, or should the image have all relevant drivers already in place?

Any helpful ideas/suggestions?

-Fig