[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "J Klein" <jklein at wireless dot is>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive Portal problem
 Date:  Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:51:38 -0700 (MST)
Hey all,

I've scanned the archives and can't find any mention of a problem like
this; any help is appreciated!

I've set up Monowall with three interfaces; WAN, LAN, and OPT1. OPT1 is in
hostap mode and accepts PPTP traffic ONLY, assigning an IP on the LAN
subnet. I'm trying to change that to add the captive portal. The idea is
that my client can PPTP in and access all his machines on the LAN, and
regular users can agree to the TOS and then get HTTP/HTTPS-only access out
through the WAN.

The trouble is I've only gotten as far as enabling PPTP (which works - I
can authenticate, am given an IP on the LAN subnet, and can get out fine).
When I turn on the Captive Portal I am given an IP, but no DNS. PPTP no
longer works. If I open a web browser whatever I go to times out - no
captive portal page (which I've uploaded according to the specifications
indicated on the web GUI).

Any suggestions?

Thanks much,
Josh