[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent Fleuranceau <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  Peter Parnican <peter at procad dot sk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] shaping
 Date:  Wed, 03 Nov 2004 11:26:57 +0100
-------- Original Message --------

> Hi, is possible with mono do shapig in local-net?  Example: I have 10
> wifi clients in my localnet which are conected throught mono to internet.
>
> How to control bandwidth between local wifi clients? I set them gateway
> - IP of mono, but there is no shaping in this way.
>
> Any idea?

Peter,

I guess you want to share the bandwidth evenly for LAN clients
connecting to the Internet?

In the setup I've described in my last post, I've made no use of the
'mask' option for the queues: so, for each upload traffic queue, set the
'mask' option to 'source'. On download queues, set the mask to
'destination'.

I hope this is what you were looking for...

Lats thing: remember your WiFi AP simply acts as a simple *hub*, so the
actual LAN bandwidth is not managed at all, only traffic to/from
Internet gets evenly shared.

-- Vincent