[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sylikc <sylikc at gmail dot com>
 To:  tst <lenaig at wanadoo dot fr>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Pb with FTP
 Date:  Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:33:07 -0800
Thierry

> I have a little stupid problem with my ftp server.
> I have Lan, DMZ, Modem.
> My ftp server is in my DMZ.
>
> Wan interface
> TCP * * ip 21
>
> NAT
> inbound Wan TCP 21 ip 21
>
> DMZ interface
> TCP * 21 * 21
>
> It is working from my Lan network, but when i try to connect to my ftp
> server from outside (internet) i can connect, but i can not see any
> files, i am using pure-ftpd on freebsd box.
> Seems to be empty.

FTP relies on more than one port.  It gets quite complex in terms of
how to configure on your specific server environment, but basically,
you have to allow the server to connect to any client (in active mode)
[which requires explicit rules since server is in DMZ], and you have
to allow the client to connect to permissible passive port ranges on
the server (for passive mode) [while requires more ports forwarded].

Read here on setting up FTP scenarios for more info:
http://www.mdjnet.dk/ftp.html

/sylikc