[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Rick H. Nhan" <rnhan at san dot rr dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  mOnOwall VLAN--Cisco 2950
 Date:  Thu, 04 Nov 2004 11:21:03 -0800
Hi guys,  This is my first post to this list.  I would like to
personally thank Manuel and everyone who made tremendous contributions
to the mOnOwall project!  Keep up the excellent work!!!

This is my question,
I need help setting up mOnOwall to pass VLAN traffic.  I want to setup 3
VLANs to get out to the Internet.

I was able to get out to the Internet before applying the VLANs
configuration on the switch. Now, no Internet connections?

This is my current setup:

mOnOwall box:  LAN interface->>>FXP1 : VLAN TAGs:  100, 200, 300

Cisco 2950   IOS 12.1.22 EA1

Management VLAN 1(default):  ip address 192.168.50.10/24

PORTS:1-8 VLAN:100
switchport access vlan 100
swithport mode access

PORTS:9-16 VLAN:200
switchport access vlan 200
swithport mode access

PORTS:17-20 VLAN:300
switchport access vlan 300
swithport mode access

PORT 24: 802.1q trunk from mOnOwall box "LAN interface."
switchport mode trunk

I think my mOnOwall box setup is correct, but i am not sure about the
Cisco switch configuration?

Any suggestions or help!!

Thanks a lot!!!

-Rick-