[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] traffic graph (was Re: Non passwored graphic)
 Date:  Thu, 4 Nov 2004 17:51:36 -0500
On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 11:26:56 -0600, zealot <zealot at tradersguild dot net> wrote:
> Brian wrote:
> > I would agree, especially since I would bet many of us on this list
> > choose not to use IE for our browser, but from what I have found, that
> > is the only browser with proper support for viewing the built in graphs
> > in m0n0.

The real time graphs can show you things that historical graphs can't,
and vice versa.  Personally I prefer having both.  And SVG does work
in every major browser as a previous poster referenced.

For Unix, if all you want to do is graph your interfaces, I wouldn't
go to the trouble of setting up Cacti.  It's way overkill.  See the
ifgraph section of the handbook.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/thirdparty-ifgraph.html  If you want a
nice full featured package, go with Cacti, but don't expect the setup
to be nearly as fast and easy as ifgraph.

-Chris