[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "M. G. (Michael) de Bruin" <mg dot debruin at buum dot nl>
 To:  Aaron Wong <aaron dot wong at dot dot net dot au>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Feature request - vnstat
 Date:  Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:57:39 +0100
Aaron Wong wrote:
> Hi.
>
> "vnStat is a network traffic monitor for Linux that keeps a log of daily
> network traffic for the selected interface(s)."
>
> Apparenlty, someone has got it working on BSD, see
> http://forums.humdi.net/viewtopic.php?t=267
>
> Would someone try compling it for m0n0 and possibly intergrate it for
> future release.
>
> See http://humdi.net/vnstat/ for more info. and screen dumps.
>

> Thanks.
>

> Regards,
> Aaron

Aaron,

I agree this utility looks pretty cool, but I kind of miss the point why
this would be usefull for m0n0wall: there is no such thing as a console.
Besides, you have a way cooler program to graph traffic, with snmp,
called mrtg. Check out http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/
and be astonished :).

Cheers,

Michael