[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Daniele Guazzoni <daniele dot guazzoni at gcomm dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Default route bug ?
 Date:  Sat, 06 Nov 2004 03:46:21 +0100
Folks,

I just deployed m0n0wall to secure a wireless network with captive
portal, with m0n0wall installed between the access-points and our
corporate firewall.
In this setup m0n0wall is not connected to the internet.
As captive cannot be activated on the WAN interface but I also didn't
wanted to "reverse" the firewall and use the LAN as an "unprotected"
interface, I decided to use only LAN and OPT1 and keep WAN down.

Obviously as WAN is down, the default route implicitly assigned to it
disappears.
Via GUI it is not possible to assign a static route as default route as
you cannot select a /0. (too bad)
If you modify the XML configuration you can define a default route
pointing to whatever interface you want using 0.0.0.0/0.

This just as a hint...