[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Daniel Milani <dnlmln at sympatico dot ca>
 To:  eric at tawifi dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Questions about m0n0 and 802.1q vlans
 Date:  Fri, 05 Nov 2004 23:16:59 -0500
Hi Eric,

> Basically since I know m0n0 can handle 802.1 vlans, can I make a m0n0
> box be the router for the vlans?

Yes it can.

I've got a cisco 2912 switch running four vlans with an 802.1q trunk
going to my monowall.
The only issue I found with this setup is the average network throughput
between vlans. I'm getting around 30 Mbits/sec with iperf.
I'm assuming the low performance is due to my router's (soekris net4801)
limited cpu power.

You should get much better throughput with a P4 2.8.

Dan