[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Goetz Goerisch <ggoerisch at gmx dot net>
 To:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, Garrett <glc at c dash email dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b2 release: Dial-On-Demand/Idle timeout still broken
 Date:  Sat, 6 Nov 2004 09:47:33 +0100
Hi Peter,

I experience a similar behavior with the 1.2b2 re-release.
But I think I have nailed down the problem.

If one enables Dial-on-demand for PPPoE and has no DNS server specified
in the General Setup and enabled "Allow DNS server list to be
overridden by DHCP/PPP on WAN" in the General Setup m0n0wall has no DNS
to query for an IP address.

Therefore the connection does not established, because the m0n0wall
does not know a DNS server to query. It works perfectly if there is at
least one DNS server specified in the General Setup.

Hope this is understandable?

Best Regards,
Goetz