[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Rolf Sommerhalder <rolf dot sommerhalder at alumni dot ethz dot ch>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ARP Proxy for Sub-Subnet Extraction
 Date:  Sat, 06 Nov 2004 13:38:35 +0100
On 06.11.2004 06:53 +0100, Rolf Sommerhalder wrote:

> Re-reading the description for the ARP proxy option in m0n0 leaves
> me with the understanding that the ARP proxy might only listen on
> the WAN interface, and not on the LAN interface.
>
> Can anyone please confirm that ARP proxy is indeed listening only
> on WAN, or is it supposed to work on LAN as well?  Thanks.

Yes, it's designed to work on WAN only. However, you can manually
start choparp from /exec.php using a command line like the following:

/usr/local/sbin/choparp <bsdlanifname> auto 10.0.0.128/30 &

If it works, you can add it to config.xml as a <shellcmd>. Anyway,
I'll consider adding an interface selection box for proxy ARP.

- Manuel