[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Rolf Sommerhalder <rolf dot sommerhalder at alumni dot ethz dot ch>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ARP Proxy for Sub-Subnet Extraction
 Date:  Sat, 06 Nov 2004 17:38:13 +0100
Manuel Kasper wrote:

> /usr/local/sbin/choparp <bsdlanifname> auto &
> If it works, you can add it to config.xml as a <shellcmd>. Anyway,
> I'll consider adding an interface selection box for proxy ARP.

Ran into difficulties there, even though I though to have properly
escaped the trailing "&" to send choparp to the background:

                 <shellcmd>/usr/local/sbin/choparp fxp0 auto &amp;</shellcmd>

After restoring this modified config.xml, the command line interpreter
on the console does not come up anymore, until I press Ctrl-C.
But m0n0wall including choparp runs fine, and choparp continues to run
even after the Ctrl-C.

Also, when executing this command line via in the /exec.php page, I
noticed that the command does not return, e.g. the browser "hangs" until
it times out.

What am I doing wrong there?