[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  pcnet <gmuntean at pcnet dot ro>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall pci wlan adapters
 Date:  Sat, 6 Nov 2004 16:05:47 -0500
On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 20:42:42 +0200, pcnet <gmuntean at pcnet dot ro> wrote:
> is there a list where i can find the pci supported in m0n0?

http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/hardware-wireless.html

Most of those are PC Cards, but the PCI versions of those are
generally just the PC card with a PCI -> PCMCIA adapter.

If you want to use hostap mode (i.e. use it as an access point) make
sure you get one with a Prism chipset (i.e. uses the wi driver).
Google will help you figure out which use that driver.

Documenting which of those use the wi driver is on my to do list.  If
anybody would like to go through those few cards at the top of the
above page and figure out which support hostap, I'd greatly appreciate
the help.  :)

-Chris