[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Ian Chilton <ian at ichilton dot co dot uk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] A Few Questions
 Date:  Thu, 4 Nov 2004 18:27:19 -0500
On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 21:45:57 +0000, Ian Chilton <ian at ichilton dot co dot uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just moved from a linux gateway to a m0n0wall box and I have
> got a few questions I wondered if someone could help me with:
>
> 1) Is it possible to get the dynamic dns client to update multiple
> dyndns.org hostnames? -

Not as it's set up in m0n0wall.  But see this.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/thirdparty-ddclient.html

> my linux client could do this by just
> comma-separating them but this doesn't seem to be allowed by m0n0wall.
> Also, will dyndns get updated whenever the ip on the wan interface
> changes?

Yes.

> 2) Is it possible to use the web interface on both http and https?

No.  Not sure why you'd want to keep HTTP on at all.

> 3) Is it possible to get the m0n0wall web interface to be accessible on
> a high port from the wan but the normal port 80 on the lan (port 80 on
> the wan is already forwarded to another box)? (i've achieved this with
> an inbound nat rule from the wan ip and high port to 127.0.0.1 and port
> 80 but I wondered if there was a better way).

That's fine how you did it.  I would strongly suggest not opening it
to the entire internet even if it is on a high port.

> 4) Is it possible to get serial console on the pc version? - I had to
> take the video card out to fit all my network cards in so if the web
> interface wasn't working for any reason I would not be able to change
> the ip or reboot it.

plenty in the archives
http://www.google.com/search?q=serial+console+standard+pc+site%3Am0n0.ch&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

-Chris