[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Orman <david dot orman at orbisphere dot net>
 To:  Patrick <nawtyness at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] FreeBSD 5.3 Released
 Date:  Sun, 7 Nov 2004 03:08:01 -1000
LOTS of bug fixes, especially concerning wireless support. It would
actually fix the power saving mode client issues I've been having,
which is preventing my state-wide deployment. The multithreaded
networking stack really wouldn't help much as most embedded systems are
UP, and multithreading just creates additional overhead in most cases
when not on an SMP system (and even when on an SMP system, but the
additional processor makes up for it). The bug fixes (especially
related to wireless), additional drivers, and increased performance of
the scheduler would all be quite welcome in my book.

Cheers,
David