[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bryan Catlin" <bryancatlin at connectgroup dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Patent Rights
 Date:  Mon, 8 Nov 2004 11:40:33 -0500
I know this might not be the best place for it but we use monowall for most
of our gateways and we have been contacted by this company that is demanding
lots of money per year from us saying they own the patent on the process of
redirection and/or proxying.  I was wondering if anyone has heard of them or
been contacted, on similar this?

Their site with info on their patent is
http://www.acaciatechnologies.com/technology_iar.htm

At first glance it looks like they have a technology like monowall but then
their pdfs go on to say they own the process and are licensing it to other
providers.  I am just trying to see if this is for real or not.

Best Regards,

Bryan Catlin