[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fig <figmail at comcast dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Patent Rights
 Date:  Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:51:51 -0500
Welcome to the wonderful world of the US system for software patents. It
doesn't matter how bleedin' obvious the idea is, just that they file for
it. The PTO doesn't even check for prior art anymore, they seem to be
leaving bad patent go through to the courts.

I really like it when they give a patent for an obvious physical concept
just because it was "reinvented" for the digital world.

-Fig