[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  Rick Spence <rjspence at tampabay dot rr dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Virtual host configuration
 Date:  Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:21:27 -0700
Rick Spence wrote:

>I have a single dedicated IP coming into my monowall. I'm wanting to
>NAT the external IP to two individual internal IP's
>( This is a DMZ/Server network that I'm wanting
>port 80 to listen on both of the internal IP's NATTED to the external
>IP. How would this be done?
>The issues I'm having is that Mono isn't allowing two individual
>internal IP's to be NATTED to the same port on the incoming WAN.
Short answer: You can't.  m0n0wall is a firewall, not a load balancer.

When you get the SYN (the message from a remote computer saying "I'd
like to start a TCP connection from me to you") to which machine would
you send it?

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.
They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we.
 -- George W. Bush 08/05/2004