[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  Rick Spence <rjspence at tampabay dot rr dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Virtual host configuration
 Date:  Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:21:27 -0700
Rick Spence wrote:

>I have a single dedicated IP coming into my monowall. I'm wanting to
>NAT the external IP to two individual internal IP's
>(172.16.0.2-172.16.0.3). This is a DMZ/Server network that I'm wanting
>port 80 to listen on both of the internal IP's NATTED to the external
>IP. How would this be done?
>
>The issues I'm having is that Mono isn't allowing two individual
>internal IP's to be NATTED to the same port on the incoming WAN.

Short answer: You can't.  m0n0wall is a firewall, not a load balancer.

When you get the SYN (the message from a remote computer saying "I'd
like to start a TCP connection from me to you") to which machine would
you send it?

--
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.
They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country