[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Massimo B." <ghiblone at tin dot it>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Ad Blocking in m0n0wall
 Date:  Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:35:19 +0100

I'm sorry, this solution (Firefox) is not good... and less safe!
I love Firerox browser, but block ads or any web address is another thing.
With the hosts file, each PC client is protected for unauthorized web address
and ads.
If the management of this "rules" is centralized on firewall (M0n0wall?),
greatll!
It's not the same... ok?

About memory requirement: well, the hosts file may be use a lot of memory,
but it is not critical (I suppose... hosts file is 200k or less).

About the time to be parsed by php:
is not necessary a GUI for handle the hosts file,
because is not necessary edit this file from m0n0wall.

Now: how loading the hosts file in m0n0wall without modify the config.xml?

Best Regards,
Massimo B.