[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  "'Josh McAllister'" <josh at bluehornet dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Patent Rights
 Date:  Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:10:09 -0000
> I don't suppose there's any geek-law peeps listening that
> would care to craft and share (GPL?) a technically sound
> response to these clowns?

Might be worth posting something like this on Groklaw or Slashdot - there
are usually a few lawyers floating around there. Or possibly fire a copy of
the initial threatening letter to the EFF or Chilling Effects clearinghouse?

FWIW I'm inclined to agree with you - it seems to be a poor attempt at
extracting some cash from small businesses that are unlikely to challenge in
court. I'd also think there are plenty of examples of prior art - in fact I
think a number of the comments on the slashdot discussions a couple of weeks
ago when this first came to light listed specific examples of prior art.

Regards,

Chris
--
C.M. Bagnall, Partner, Minotaur
Tel: (07010) 710715   Mobile: (07811) 332969   ICQ: 13350579