[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent Fleuranceau <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  "Massimo B." <ghiblone at tin dot it>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Ad Blocking in m0n0wall
 Date:  Tue, 09 Nov 2004 12:39:48 +0100
-------- Original Message --------

> About memory requirement: well, the hosts file may be use a lot of memory,
> but it is not critical (I suppose... hosts file is 200k or less).

Be objective: don't you think it becomes ugly when your hosts files has
more than 50 entries?

> About the time to be parsed by php:
> is not necessary a GUI for handle the hosts file,
> because is not necessary edit this file from m0n0wall.

FYI: in m0n0wall all the system is PHP-driven, not only the GUI...

> Now: how loading the hosts file in m0n0wall without modify the config.xml?

Sorry: I'm not so much interested. I see m0n0wall as a firewall only. If
I wanted to use something like IPcop (with Snort + Squid + DansGuardian
modules, etc.) I would use IPcop, not m0n0wwall!

Cheers,

-- Vincent