[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Bill Hamel <billh at bugs dot hamel dot net>
 To:  David Krimmel <dkrimmel at bcfs dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0 wireless interface question
 Date:  Tue, 9 Nov 2004 08:49:36 -0500

And thanks for the reply.

Good point, actually I can't remember if I tried that or not, probably not, so
I'll give it a shot, but the thing that's throwing me is not seeing the SSID
with Netstumbler even though I can see other networks fine. I'd think I need
that before anything else :)

Thanks again,

> I haven't used the cards or the board before, but from your description,
> I think it would be better to setup the Wireless card as an Optional
> interface, "OPT1" and then bridge the card with the LAN. I am not
> exactly sure if m0n0 was configured to be able to run clients on the WAN
> side. I would figure you would atleast get some sort of SSID.
> Just a suggestion lookd like you hadn't tried yet.

dangerous content by the Bugs.Hamel.Net MailScanner,
and appears to be clean.