[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Oli <bsd03 at gvs dot dyn dot bawue dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0 wireless interface question
 Date:  Tue, 9 Nov 2004 18:23:19 +0100
* Bill Hamel <billh at bugs dot hamel dot net> wrote:

> Good point, actually I can't remember if I tried that or not,
> probably not, so I'll give it a shot, but the thing that's throwing
> me is not seeing the SSID with Netstumbler even though I can see
> other networks fine. I'd think I need that before anything else :)

I don't think netstumbler will see the SSID. Netstumbler doesn't
listen for beacons, it does 'active scanning' which means it queries
for SSIDs. Your Orinoco card does not respond to these packets because
it's not an access point. You should do passive scanning (like kismet
does it) for this task.

Did you check the output of 'ifconfig' or 'wicontrol' in your webgui's
exec.php to see if your card is there at all and how it is configured?

Oli
.