[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Krzysztof Syguda" <krzys at wroclaw dot dialog dot net dot pl>
 To:  "C. Falconer" <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] How to limit max. number of NAT translation (sessions) on m0n0wall to single IP on LAN side
 Date:  Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:41:33 +0100
You all R right
some p2p clients and worms can destroy all network traffic.
There is a couple of methods to find "bad client", but in some cases it could
be very difficult (for example if we have WLAN broadcast network [some
access points] ) behind LAN Interface.
By reducing max number of sessions to single IP or group of IPs we can safe
WAN traffic and router utilization.
So, the point is how to limit max number of sessions, NOT how to find  "bad"
clients or how to enralge number of NAT translations on router.

Thought for the day:
    Dictatorship (n): a form of government under which everything
    which is not prohibited is compulsory.