[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ryan J. Getts" <gettsr2 at Scranton dot edu>
 To:  m0n0wall m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  need nat help
 Date:  Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:14:23 -0500
Hello:

I am currently stuck with nat.  I have a subnet routed to my m0n0wall.  My OPT1 interface is running
dhcp, which is leasing public addresses.

I want to disable nat, so I go to
NAT > Outbound >
  Then I check-off "Enable advanced outbound nat"

I don't touch any NAT rules because I don't want any translation.

When I go to the Web, my browser just sits idle.

I did include firewall rules.
On all three interfaces, I have a " * to * " rule.  This is just for testing.

If I uncheck "Enable advanced outbound nat," my browser goes out to the Web, but with the address of
my m0n0wall's WAN interface.

Can anyone please help?  Am I missing something?

Thanks
Ryan