[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brian <belstsrv at nauticom dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] own DNS with m0n0 ?
 Date:  Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:13:56 -0500
I'd recommend rebooting the client machine you are trying to test the
DNS from.  The machine may have cached the address from the other DNS
server.  Rebooting will flush all that out and will also make sure the
PC knows that m0n0 is the #1 DNS server.

If you are trying from a Windows machine, after you reboot try and
'NSLOOKUP address' from a command prompt.  If you are using Linux, try
the DIG command.  That should tell you where your PC is going for DNS
requests.

HTH,
Brian