[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andy Holyer <andyh at hhbb dot co dot uk>
 To:  'm0n0wall' <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Help please: Configuring an IPsec connection
 Date:  Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:37:29 +0000
I'm playing around with a monowall box, and trying to get a connection
going with a network of legacy boxes we "inherited" from another
company.

What makes this more complicated is that the boxes have a telnet
interface to a very stripped-down version of Red Hat with an equally
stripped-down version of FreeSWAN for running IPsec. This makes
deciphering the settings much harder than it should be. Below is an
(Edited) varsion if the IPSec settings. I've tried to translate this
into monowall-ese, but don't seem to be getting anywhere. Has anyone
any experience of this sort of connection? Any advice gratefully
received.

-andy
------------------ Cut Here --------------------------------------------

Name=winserver-entrypoint-192
LeftId=@z600re.communitymesh.com
LeftRSA={censored}
LeftHost=212.{censored}.137
LeftClient=172.16.1.0/24
LeftNextHop=212.{censored}.138
RightId=@entrypoint.communitymesh.com
RightRSA={censored}
RightHost=212.{censored}.26
RightClient=192.168.0.0/16
RightNextHop=212.{censored}.25

---
Andy Holyer, Systems Administrator
Hedgehog Broadband, 11 Marlborough Place Brighton BN1 1UB
08451 260895 x 241