[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tom Obermayr <to at bla dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  traffic shaper: limit bandwidth of IPs in addition to magic shaper
 Date:  Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:27:45 +0100
hi,

I've got m0n0wall 1.2b2 installed and working fine with the magic shaper
traffic shaper settings. now in addition to those general settings there is
a group of IPs that I'd like to limit to xx kbit/s up/down bandwidth.

other IPs should be able to use whatever bw is there, but this group should
never be allowed more than a specified amount.

I know there are a ton of traffic shaper help messages already, but setting
this up is kinda confusing for a lot of ppl (including myself), and for
someone in the know this probably takes 2 minutes to reply with the correct
settings ;))

thanks, tom.