[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Reccomended windows VPN Software
 Date:  Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:23:18 -0500
Take a look at: http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq.html#id2599144
SafeNet allows manufactures to sell "customized" branded versions of
SoftRemoteLT and some of the "branded" versions of this software (such
as Netgear VPN Client) should work as well.

SonicWall VPN client is an example of a "branded" SoftRemoteLT that
will not work - it "customized" to only works with SonicWalls.

I have PPTP setup on my m0n0wall using RADIUS per the instructions on:
http://www.michael-i.com/files/projects/m0n0ad/  When I connect I use
"username at domain dot local" for the user name. Works like a charm. Keep in
mind this may only work for 2000/2003 Active Directories - not
NT4/Samba domains.

James W. McKeand