[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Wilks" <adam dot wilks at weymouthwireless dot co dot uk>
 Subject:  Half-bridge modem routing fix
 Date:  Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:06:04 -0000
Hi,

Some time back I started talking to some people about types of ADSL

interface. Some suggestions were the X-Modem and also the DLink DSL300T.

The issue with using such half-bridge modems with m0n0 is that after an
IP change two commands need to be issued to correct the routing table
(as suggested by Chris Bagnall). After much frustration and tinkering, I
have produced a patched file which automates this :)

Thought I would share it with anyone who is experiencing the same

HYPERLINK
"http://www.weymouthwireless.co.uk/downloads/dhclient-script"http://www.
weymouthwireless.co.uk/downloads/dhclient-script

    route delete default >/dev/null 2>&1
    route add default -interface -link rl1 >/dev/null 2>&1
    $LOGGER "X-Modem fix executed from /sbin/dhclient-script"

improve it for me :)

Any chance there could be a future release of m0n0 with an option on the
GUI for this?

Regards,

Adam.

---