[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] what RADIUS server is good and Free?
 Date:  Fri, 12 Nov 2004 02:50:57 -0500
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 21:39:42 -0800, matt whiteley
<mattwhiteley at gmail dot com> wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:47:38 +0800, JobOberio - My List Mail
> <mylistmail at gmail dot com> wrote:
> > I am looking for RADIUS server that is good, free, compatible with
> > m0n0wall, to be used for WiFi Hotspot.
>
> You did not say for what platform, but http://www.freeradius.org/ is
> great, runs all pretty much all bsd/unix/linux platforms. If you are
> on windows, it will also run under cygwin people tell me, but I have
> not used it there.

freeradius is a good choice on *nix.  I'd stay away from running a
RADIUS server on Windows under cygwin, since there are other good
alternatives.  MS IAS works great, as does Multi Tech's server.  Both
are free.  See the Users Guide for details on both of those.

-Chris